Friday, June 10, 2011

That's When I Talk to God Review

That's When I Talk to God is the second book I have reviewed by husband and wife writing team Dan and Ali Morrow. The first book was That's Where God Is. Loved them both! Both books help explain the Christian life clearly to young children. This book is an excellent book for families to teach their children how vital prayer is and to disciple their children about how and when to pray.

I can't help but think that this would also be an excellent book for churches or Christian preschool programs to have available to teachers of young children. I love the way both books walk children carefully through concepts and include scripture as well!

Targeted to children four to eight, That’s When I Talk to God mirrors the day of the typical child, creating an opportunity for readers to put the practices in the story to use in their own lives. Through beautiful illustrations and an engaging, familiar character, readers can relate to That’s When I Talk to God. Children will learn to go to God with their fears, their joys, their questions, and their desires. They will also learn the hows, whens, and whys of praying to the Lord in a way they can easily apply to their own experiences. And adults will be reminded to communicate the benefit, simplicity, and beauty of prayer.

I loved the letter from Grandpa (Lee Strobel is Ali Morrow's father) at the back of the book. He talks about how to use the book to teach children and grandchildren to have a deeper faith in Christ.

I love this book - I would highly recommend it! I think I'd love anything by these authors because you can really feel that heart that they have for God (and kids) through their writing. You can buy That's When I Talk to God from David C. Cook for $12.99 - you can also watch a trailer for the book on that website link.



That's When I Talk to God was given to me by David C. Cook and B&B Media Group for the purposes of review only.

No comments: