Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review: That's Where God Is

That's Where God Is by Dan and Ali Morrow is a sweet little book that would be such a great way to open the door to some serious discussion with a child about asking Jesus into their heart. The story focuses on a little boy who asks his grandfather the question, "Where is God?"

I picked up a book recently along these same lines in the library and I hated it! I am very cautious about the theology with a book like this. The book in the library was like so many others I find; just a wishy-washy God is in the trees, God is in the birds kind of non-sense with no real kicker that God is real and we can have an actual relationship with him.

What I love about this book is the Scripture woven into the story, and an excellent and appropriate description of how to pray and how to ask Jesus into your heart. It is extremely well done and makes it so clear and simple without glossing over or being overly simplified. This will be a great book to have around the house or especially in a Sunday school classroom to share with children who are wanting to know more about God. I highly recommend it!


You can purchase a beautiful hardback copy of That's Where God Is HERE for $12.99.

Disclaimer: That's Where God Is was provided by David C. Cook and the B & B Media Group
for the purposes of review only.

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Just found your review! So glad to hear you enjoyed the book. I hope you like our next one--That's When I Talk to God--which comes out April 1 (no joke!).