Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Schoolin'

I haven't posted much lately. Ball season has hit and our lives have kicked into high gear! We have pretty much 1 weeknight a week to sit down with the whole family for supper. Weekends are pretty good, and Dad does a great job making ball-time some quality one-on-one time with the kids. He has to work extra hard to work in some middle-kid time, a tea party or book just for her. She is the only one of the 3 not playing ball this year. Dad is coaching Daniel's team and he is a really good coach - he doesn't just coach, he really teaches proper technique.

The weather has been so beautiful, it has been hard to stay inside for school. We are still watching the OWLS from a link I told you about here. At least 4 of them have hatched, maybe more. It should really begin to get interesting as they get big and begin to move around. It has been such a neat thing to watch! The man who owns the boxes does a live question and answer time as well, and we have learned a lot. Just the little behavior things this owl mother does, like pushing aside the older ones to feed the youngest first - it has been amazing.


Maria was the winner of the Lizz Curtis Higgs book giveaway! I am sending that off to her today, and looking forward to even more great giveaways in the future!


We are still waiting for the completion of everything to buy the land we have been looking at. I am not in a particular hurry because we have so many activities around here, and moving will create a lot of busy-ness and driving right now. I wouldn't mind waiting until ball season is over. BUT, I have all these seeds I have started and no ground to put them in! And 3 really big chickens in the backyard! I'm considering moving to a container garden plan for this season, but I have so many plants! I can just see all these 5 gallon buckets overflowing with watermelon plants.


We are planning a busy Easter weekend with family! We will have our traditional Easter Resurrection Buns as usual. We have some neat Easter activities from here and a Resurrection file folder game here. I am adapting these for use with our Resurrection Egg set for some daily devotionals. I hope that where ever you are, you are enjoying some beautiful Spring weather and family fun.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I am trying the Resurrection buns for the first time this year with my daughters! Looking forward to making it a new tradition.