Friday, November 9, 2012

Soup - It's What's for Dinner

It's Fall, Ya'll.  That means soup around here.  Like it or not, it's what's for dinner.  I'm always on the hunt for great soup recipes.  I got a new one I really like last month.  It is a creamy chicken noodle and the kids really liked it.  Except Daniel.  He doesn't like anything.  Except grill cheese. :( They all like their soups creamy and smooth-ish, and I have taken a few old recipes and put them into the food processor just a bit and they love it, & think it is something new. 

New Creamy Noodle Soup
5 Cups of chicken broth (boxed or canned)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onions
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup green onions     - chop all fine.  I food process the mess out of them b/c otherwise the kids will catch on that there are veggies in it, and we like it creamy, too.
1 can of whole kernel corn (15 oz), drained - I food process it a bit, but I'm just strange like that.
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup of whatever noodles you have on hand.  I had some tiny alphabet noodles and they were neat, but you could just use egg noodles.
2 cups cooked chicken chopped (or food processed) or canned cooked chicken.

Add everything to the crock pot except the noodles - add them in the last hour.  Keep it on low for 5-6 hours, then turn on high for the noodles in the last hour. 

Here's some links to some of my favorites from the past:

Mac and Cheese Soup
White Chili - this link goes to the original recipe.  I make it pretty much the same, except I use a can of mild Rotel instead of green chilies and I also put the chicken, onion, and 1/2 of the beans in the food processor and get them pretty smooth.  I also like to cut back on the sour cream, it's a pretty rich soup.
Here's another link to a SOUP post from the past.  And another HERE.  Around this time of year, when our evening meals get all soupy, I get a certain idea in my head of a soup I want and I spend a couple months trying to create just the right concoction.  For now, I saw this amazing looking recipe, probably on Pinterest - ground beefy and potatoey.  So that's the soup quest for now.  Happy Fall, Ya'll!

No comments: