- Way easy and cheap black bean soup
- Of course, my favorite mac and cheese soup
- Lately, we have been having some variation of easy potato soup about once a week. Now that my dad gave me a little potato soup cooking lesson, I trick it up and have made some pretty good variations -I love to make it like a potato corn chowder.
- My friend Laura made this wonderful Tomato Bisque soup -only 2 ingredients! Heavy Cream and 3 of the large cans of plain spaghetti sauce. That sounds weird, but it is really good!
- Paula Deen's gotta pretty mean Taco Soup recipe here
I buy all my groceries for 2 weeks when I shop. So, I generally buy 5 pounds of ground beef or turkey and about a 5 lb chicken and kind of plan all my meals around that. I immediately put the chicken in the crock pot. Next, I brown all the meat with a couple of onions as soon as I get home and mix 2lbs of it with onion soup and freeze it - that seasons it up nicely and I can pop it in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots and leftover veggies from the frig for a great easy stew. I mix 1 lb with taco seasoning for something fast and easy later on in the week, and the other 2lbs. I brown up, season and freeze in separate containers for a fast mix in a casserole or something later in the week. I love to have meals planned out for the whole 2 weeks, but realistically that doesn't always happen!