Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

I've posted before about our family's zany love of catch phrases.  They've grown with the children from "We only write on...?... Paper!"  And "Always put others first." to "You can't expect lost people to behave any other way."  Sometimes they are spiritual reminders, behavior reminders, but as our children have grown older they have become just fun, silly stuff. 
I posted about this before. We did "Yeah?" (Said like this YouTube Dog.) 
"You can do it!"  Same dog voice from the sequel.
 
But now, it is the words from the brillant philosopher Sweet Brown that currently inspire my family, and I couldn't agree more.  "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

I was hunting some recipes with Gracie who found a Martha Stewart cookie recipe with all kinds of crazy Martha Stewart ingredients and we replied, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"  Then I found a soup recipe that required lengthy "stirring constantly" -"Ain't nobody got time for that!"  I'm opting for the dump it in the crockpot & go kind of meals around here lately.  I've been taking a hard look at my day - and "Ain't nobody got time for that!" seems to be some pretty excellent advice.

No comments: