Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Addition

I'm not an animal person, really.  I barely tolerate our INSIDE 100 lb lab.  I NEVER thought I'd have an inside dog at all.  But, Abby is part of the family.  And, though I complain about her, she is so smart and amazing.  I tolerate her.
So, this week when our favorite guy EVER moved far away, we took in Evie.  So, now we have Abby, Saxie, and Evie.  The jury's still out on this one.  I may look for Evie somewhere else to live.  For now, the kids are enjoying training her - and she IS an OUTSIDE dog.  Gracie and Daniel are LOVING her energy and having more animals around. 
I love this picture.  We finished up a busy week of VBS and went right into a busy week (for some of us) of volleyball two-a-days and football practices.  Yet another week of meals on the run and other fun.
Ally got her ears pierced for the first time.  Kind of bad timing since she can't take them out and has to wear tape over them for volleyball.  I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 14, so we've held off on this milestone till 14 for the girls.  We have always felt like any milestones that can be delayed - should be delayed.  Why rush - particularly when it comes to matters of femininity and beauty.

No comments: