Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Gift of Sweetness & Love

I've been known to give some odd gifts.  And, occasionally, I can tell my uniqueness is just a bit too odd.  A lot of people don't get my random creativeness.  Anyway.  This gift is a wedding gift.  But the bride is unique, so, I think she'll understand.  She is also ministers to a lot of young people.  So, this gift is a collection of randomness I like to call a box of sweetness and love. 
The box contains quick ideas and supplies to put together notes, little gifts, and remembrances for people to encourage or honor them.  The idea is inexpensive, creative, and simple - but encouraging.  Shall we say it is about being intentional about encouragement - and excellent thing for ministry, living life with other Christians, marriage, and family.  The picture above is an AWESOME set of table discussion questions - ideal for small group or families coming together.  I found this as a printable on Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - Jen has some other excellent printables that I would've liked to include in the box, but alas, it is stuffed to the top. 
This little file box includes ready to go ideas, blank cards, embellishments, verses, cardstock, and a small journal to record important dates/birthdays/ and notes.  How awesome is it when you can remember that one of your co-workers LOVES gummy worms and pull them out paired with an encouraging scripture -at just the right moment to brighten her day?
This is my favorite!  A way to give an inexpensive brown paper sack with a few goodies - and make it look amazing and thoughtful.  Found HERE.
The box was a restored clearance item, but it ended up being much, much too small.  I had more I wanted to include.
The thought behind this is that ideas would be easily accessible and created quickly. I've always loved to give someone a verse with a quirky little item to go with it - like  2 Peter 3:18 "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  to him be the glory both now and forever."  -Paired with a growing bug, or a plant, or seeds, particularly when I teach a lesson over that verse. 
So, this gift is like a Pinterest party in a box - probably where a lot of the ideas came from.  You can find a ton of cool things if you just search "printables" - several good easy gift ideas are also available HERE at organized christmas.  I included a folder of copy masters and ideas.  And...I had a lot of fun putting it all together.

No comments: