Tuesday, April 13, 2010

See Post Below

Okay, I take all that back. The small black chicken is dead. The kids are traumatized -and we are all sad. Just about the time I typed that post; the dog was outside eating Cluckit. Supposedly, you should beat a dog with the dead chicken to teach them not to do this - but I didn't have the guts for that. No, I don't think I could wring one of their necks for lunch.

Making lemonade out of a lemon - the kids all went outside and saw the mangled chicken. Then later they said how they wished they hadn't. The image was in their memory to stay and they wished it wasn't. This was a perfect teaching illustration for why we don't watch bad movies. Terrible images stay in your head that you can never remove.

1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

More than you know. But it is a good lesson on life and the food chain. Dogs eat chickens, gophers, etc. Sorry they had to see it though!