Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meal Planning and More


Breakfasts: Whole wheat pancakes or waffles, and Chocolate Chip Waffles

Lunches: Monday's always sandwiches on the go with lunchboxes packed for co-op, leftovers, soup and grill cheese, steak fries and veggies, goody plates (my version of a lunchable?)

As always, I shop for 2 week's groceries at a time. I come home, and brown 5 lbs of ground meat. I leave 1 lb. plain (just a little seasoning), 2 lbs. with taco seasoning, and 2 lbs. mixed with onion soup mix (just for good seasoning and keeping it good and moist -it freezes especially well). I freeze most of it in 1 lb portions in baggies. Then, on Monday I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot and then Tuesday debone and skin it and put it in baggies for the freezer as well. Ah, now meal planning for the 2 weeks is a breeze!
But, I don't always plan out exactly what I am going to do with it. The beauty of it is - I can make something last minute without much planning this way. However things go so much more smoothly when I write down a big plan! And I love writing it down on the blog. I know YOU may not care, but somehow I feel you will hold me accountable.
I get so much out of all the great ideas and step by step instructions posted Mondays on the orgjunkie.com site for Meal Planning Mondays too! So here's the plan for this week -
Monday: Taco Night

Tuesday: Life Group - Kid food night -tator tot casserole

Wednesday: Mexican casserole with leftover taco meat and beans

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Crispy Chicken and mashed potatoes

Saturday: A big pot of Stew to eat off of until Monday!




We SO loved the White Chili recipe I found recently! It was wonderful! I gotta make that again! I really thought the kids would think it was spicy and complain, but they loved it! I put in a can of tomatoes and green chilis instead of just 2 cans of green chilis -maybe that helped with the spicy-ness.



I found a great post about how to Start seeds indoors - that's on my do list this week as well. Although there is an old wive's tale that says Feb. thunderstorms mean an April freeze.

No comments: