Saturday, October 24, 2009

No Pictures :(

Well, sadly this will be a post without pictures. We spent the weekend at my parent's house. My dad is recovering nicely, but he isn't supposed to do much. We burned brush, cut firewood, Byron put in 2 ceiling fans, and I helped my mom with some re-arranging. They are still kind of getting settled into my grandmother's house.
Then, it happened. I was taking pictures (as always) and a kid didn't make it all the way to the burn pile with a limb. And so I picked it up and tossed it up onto the burning pile -and my camera slipped out of my hand and into the fire - with the small case it was in! I am so sad! I just felt sick! Our hiking pictures were on there!
Two things I am grateful for - first, I have almost all my pictures on Picassa. Second, I had just taken all my extra memory cards out of that case! I can't believe I lost that camera! I'm going to be lost without it. It had my huge 700 picture memory card in it, too.
So, I can't show you pictures of the wonderful Vera Bradley knock-off hipster my mom and I created today! It turned out really nice! My poor old Vera Bradley I have had several years looks pretty frayed and shabby, but it is the perfect purse! I have eyed new ones several times, but I just can't bring myself to spend $60 on a purse! I got some fabric for $4 and just made my own! I love it. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I can. :(

No comments: