Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cold Cures

I have a terrible cold and couldn't sleep at all last night. So, I FINALLY took the totally weird advice of Mrs. Kim and Lisa. I put Vick's Sav on my feet, put on some fluffy socks, and I was asleep in minutes. Why does that work? That definitely makes my top ten weirdest things I have ever done list. I am comforted by the fact that an actual medical doctor gave that piece of advice to Lisa. But, it worked and that is all that matters! I keep seeing these things about eating a bite of raw onion, snorting cayenne pepper up your nose, and that kind of thing. I'm not that desperate. I don't put anything up my nose, except the occasional finger. Byron tells me to use nasal spray when I get sick, but I just can't bring myself to do that. I guess you can stop worrying about me becoming a cocaine addict. For the most part, I refuse to take medicine of any kind. Any sinus or allergy medicines make me feel loopy, and I just don't have time for that.
We are having a very good school week, despite my cold and the rain. The kids are planning history projects. Ally told Daniel that he should be Daniel Boone, so he could carry a gun and wear a coon skin cap. He was all over that! Ally read a book about him, and I'm gonna let him check out some old Daniel Boone movies at the library.
My 3 most challenging students barking at squirrels on the power line, or maybe they are all trying to escape from school.
Gracie's latest creation -basket cupcakes - we love our Monday night desserts!

No comments: