Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Married to a Genius

Blogpost: ayersfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com

It is so great to be married to a genius. Oops, borderline genius. For some time Byron has not liked my ways of organizing laundry. Not that my organizing the laundry is wrong, it is the storage of the laundry system that really gets him. Okay, so here is what I do: I have baskets for dirty clothes -one for general clothes and one for clothes that should be sorted differently for washing, (towels, darks, stained, etc.). The clean clothes are sorted into baskets too (towels, clothes, socks). All the baskets are color co-ordinated and the kids are used to the system and they handle most of the laundry chores.
Daniel helps with the construction and sanding.
Anyway, as you can imagine, this adds up to a lot of baskets and Byron's main complaint is that they are always in the laundry room floor -which is the pathway to the garage.

So, my borderline genius of a husband built some great shelves just to accommodate my basket-lovin' laundry system. I still have to paint them, but they are very nice. I couldn't get a picture of all of them, but there are spots for 5 baskets. Genius!

No comments: