Crock pot Lasagna Recipe
1. Brown your meat and add all the other sauce ingredients. Set it aside for a minute.
2. Mix all the cheese filling ingredients together.
3. Get out the big crock-pot and spray the insides with oil.
4. Put about ¼ of the sauce in the crock-pot.
5. Break 3 of the noodles into 3 or 4 pieces and lay them over the sauce.
6. Spread about a third of the cheese filling over the broken noodles.
7. Repeat from #4 thru #6 two more times.
8. Finish with the last of the sauce.
9. Pop the lid on the crock-pot and turn it on high. Check it after 2 or 3 hours. You’ll just have to use your judgment about the time and temp. since every crock-pot is different. I put mine on after lunch and leave it on high till supper time.
10. Serve it with a salad and you have the easiest Lasagna dinner in the world. And with only 1 lb of meat and 4 cups of Mozzarella this is a fairly frugal meal!
1 lb ground meat (beef, pork, whatever)
1 onion, diced
any fresh vegetables on hand - chopped finely or grated - I put squash, zucchini, carrots and fresh tomatoes (optional)
1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup water
The cheese filling:
4 cups mozzarella, shredded
1½ cups cottage cheese
½ cup Parmesan
1 egg (unless I don’t have any, then I leave it out.)
1 tsp dried parsley, or cut up some fresh if you have it.
Noodles: - I use normal whole wheat lasagna noodles or sometimes the oven-ready, but all kinds work well. I have just poured in some egg noodles if I don't have lasagna noodles.