Friday, February 10, 2012

The Accidental Bride - a Review

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter is the sequel to another book I reviewed, A Cowboy’s Touch, from her Big Sky series. You can see my review of that novel from last April HERE. It was really neat to see how the other characters from the previous novel carried on, though honestly, I didn't make the connection between the two until half-way through the book. The characters in the previous novel are not too involved. The concept of a bride accidentally getting married sounds a bit far fetched, and I gotta admit some of it was, but overall it was well done. A mix up in a Founder’s Day wedding reenactment accidentally leaves a couple of sweethearts married. I liked the focus on characters who are trying to find favor with others. I felt like the spiritual concept was well done and believable.


I really enjoyed this book, it was a fun, easy, quick read and it had a good mix of faith and appropriate romance. Maybe a bit predictable, but I would totally recommend this book. I guess, too, I have been reading along with Byron so much deep seminary material that it was such a nice treat to read some light fiction. The Big Sky series is a good weekend get away kind of read. I hope Hunter continues this series with more from these characters.

You can purchase The Accidental Bride from Thomas Nelson for $15.99 HERE. The author has a neat website, and at her site HERE you can read the first chapter of the book and see information about some neat projects she has in the works. She has another new release called Smitten that sounds pretty interesting.


I was given The Accidental Bride by Thomas Nelson and B&B Media for the purposes of review only.

No comments: