Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cherished -book review

You know, you know. Every time I review a Christian fiction novel I tell you what I hate about Christian fiction. Well, Cherished has none of that. It is an extremely well done novel. Kim Tate did a great job making this an enjoyable, well-written book that also really portrays Christian truths and illustrates the practical use of faith and God's love. Love that. Through the characters we see the themes of:

· Learning to forgive ourselves

· Choosing to forgive others and allowing God to change them

· Following the dreams God has for us

· Surrounding ourselves with Christian friends who will pray for and encourage us

· Understanding God’s unchanging love




I had a hard time putting this book down, then I loaned it out to my sister and niece and they really enjoyed it too.

Tate was a speaker for Women of Faith in both 2010 and 2011. She appeared as the cover girl for the May issue of Empowering Everyday Women and will be featured in the September edition of Significant Living. A song based on Cherished will be featured on the newest album for Da’ T.R.U.T.H., a Christian wrapper. Tate is also the founder of Colored in Christ Ministries. Her appeal as a Bible teacher and a “big sister” in ministry, as well as her messages of hope, is what attracts discerning fiction lovers worldwide.

Tate’s characters bring a reflection of our own poor choices. Readers walk away knowing that despite their worst mistakes, they are cherished by their Creator. “The enemy will try to make you feel guilty about your past, and he’ll use your own thoughts or he’ll use other people. But if you know who you are, he won’t succeed,” says Tate.

Love it. You can buy Cherished for $10.99 HERE. Kim's website is pretty great - she also has a book trailer that includes the song mentioned above and a neat interview with Da'TRUTH. I loved the Cherished song! I'm going to have to download it! I would highly recommend this novel and I'd like to read some more by Kim Cash Tate.


I was given a copy of Cherished by B&B Media and Thomas Nelson for the purposes of review only.

No comments: