Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jesus in the Present Tense book review

I think this is about the 5th book by Warren Wiersbe I have reviewed for the blog - and I must say it has been my very favorite. My husband always likes Wiersbe, he puts things simply, he has incredible insight, and he is always theologically sound. We both love his "Be" series and Bible commentaries. This is the first actual book in a regular format by Wiersbe I have read - the others have been more devotionals, commentaries, or Bible studies.

Byron and I both enjoyed reading Jesus in the Present Tense and it is a very readable book. I like to read books on spiritual topics, but I don't really like to read those that are so theological that it hurts my brain, you know? It is always kind of refreshing particularly when you are bogged down in your quiet time to find a resource that just focuses on Jesus. You just can't go wrong there.

Jesus in the Present Tense focuses on places in the Old and New Testaments, where the Lord “filled out” or “completed” the name I AM to reveal more fully His divine nature and His gracious ministry to His people. These areas are explored throughout the Bible, particularly through the words and I AM statements of Jesus himself. I like the way Wiersbe gently weaves great practical application and personal events into the message.
I'd highly recommend this book - it is meaty enough -and contains enough Word in it that you can read it as a devotional. I've been reading my Chronological One Year Bible and I like to do another Bible study or devotional too. This book was just the perfect compliment to add to my normal Bible reading.
Jesus in the Present Tense sells for $14.99 from David C. Cook you can purchase it HERE.
I received Jesus in the Present Tense by B&B Media Group and David C. Cook for the purposes of review only.

No comments: