Friday, May 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

I am looking forward to roastin' these extra large marshmallows this weekend! I am thinkin' they might not be the greatest invention - I suspect the center's not going to be gooey! We'll see...


Otherwise, you might find me here... I think we have figured out PH and Chlorine and Stabalizer and all that stuff.
But, most likely my husband is going to drag me out here and make me work cuttin' trees, hauling limbs, and sweating.



This Saturday is one day we have held onto with an iron fist to keep clear of all activity! It has been a struggle to hold on to it, but we have it - our first day full day in the new house without at least someone making 20 trips all over the world to do 900 things! We are ALL looking forward to it! The kids are worn out traveling back to Waco so much for sports & activities! I told Gracie we had to go somewhere this week and she just slumped into the floor and cried. Thankfully, Nana's been home up the road and so they didn't have to go quite every trip. We've tried to make an intentional effort to model thankfulness and thank God for the beautiful scenery as we go - but it has been hard for me to be thankful filling my gas tank up so often!



I saw this great quote a while back about prayer; "It is like going to the bank of Heaven when I go to God in prayer. I have nothing deposited there....if I go in my own name I will get absolutely nothing; but Jesus Christ has unlimited credit in Heaven, and He has granted to me the privilege of going to the bank with His name on my checks; and when I thus go, my prayers will be honored to any extent." R.A. Torey's How to Pray



I also love this one by Soren Kierkegaard, "A man prayed, and at first he thought that prayer was talking. But he became more and more quiet until in the end he realized that prayer is listening."



Love that thought! That's so hard for me - stopping and taking the time to listen and wait on the Lord!




I'll be back soon to review a really interesting book I've been reading which has brought up lots of deep theological questions around here.

No comments: