Friday, January 14, 2011

Art Projects


I had a fun time playing with some new art supplies tonight. Yes, that's my creepy looking hand to the left trying to take a picture & keep shadows OFF the paper. I've decided to do more art - something everyday in an art journal. Maybe I can manage that.
I have this weakness for fancy paper. Watercolor paper. Crayola anything. Sharpies, especially the fine point ones, and the metallic ones, and the chisel tip ones. I've been accumulating some Office Depot Star Teacher rewards and I had such a good time spending them today, buy one get one free Sharpies.
I love my children so dearly, I'm so grateful to have them at home with me. BUT their is something so DIVINE about my Fridays when they are all at co-op. It just brings out the creative me and I just bask in the SILENCE. Aahh. Even if it is only for half a day. If I have to run errands I do them with a Coke Slurpee from Burger King. :) It's the little things that make me smile!

May you have a wonderfully BLESSED weekend! We've been super busy with school, softball, basketball games and cold weather that just makes us want to curl up and read and go nowhere!

No comments: