Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let It Go, Let It Go, Let It Go

Isn't that a beautiful wreath? I still have jalepeno peppers growing in my garden in December. Tons. And this time of year they aren't just green, but REALLY pretty red. They are just beautiful and I have a HUGE pile of them; perfect, colorful- most of the varieties from this picture! Isn't it pretty? Okay, that's not my picture - I pulled it off the web - you can order it for like $50 on Etsy.

So that's my plan - to make them into these really cool Christmasy wreaths - you actually make them and hang them, and then you can use them in recipes as needed directly from the wreath. What a neat Christmas gift, huh?

Okay, I don't really cook with peppers much. I really don't know what to do with the 3 gallons of frozen peppers still in my freezer. The pile of peppers has been sitting on my counter - staring at me -stressing me - making me feel overwhelmed - and scared (after all, did you catch my blog post about the last time I undertook a major pepper project? Ouch!) .

Then I heard God speaking to me from KLOVE. Somebody said when you hear the song "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" think to yourself - "Let It Go, Let It Go, Let It Go." That's such a great idea! We probably all have things we need to Let Go of this Christmas. What a great idea? I thought, wow, I hope to share that with somebody else when they are stressed!
So, 2 -3 days later I was in the kitchen stressing because I haven't made an actual meal in over a week, thinking through all the projects and events we have going on - when the song came on. Conviction hit me. I smiled and swept the entire pile of peppers into the trash. Ahh. Relief. I can let it go! Peace will reign this Christmas!
Sorry, dears, no super cool pepper wreaths from me this year, but if your interested, I have some frozen ones I can give you.

No comments: