Thursday, November 18, 2010

Review: Follow

I'd love anything written by Floyd McClung. He's a way cool guy! I read his book Living on the Devil's Doorstep about his missionary adventures in Amsterdam. So, I requested Follow to review and I was so blown away to see my own pastor did the Foreward! How cool is that?! I actually think I recognized some thoughts contained in a couple of his recent sermons in the book as well.


Follow is a book about Living Like Jesus and it is really a great book just for spiritual growth in general, but it has a strong element for leaders, pastors, church planters, and missionaries. I loved the first section best - just some great analysis of what practical life like Jesus looks like.


This book would be an AMAZING choice for a small group study. There are questions for reflecting and responding at the end of the chapters to help facilitate discussion. The book has three parts; Loving Jesus, Loving Those Who Don't Know Jesus, and Loving One Another. The last two parts have some really great insights about leading others to Christ and making disciples. I think God must be showing me something because all these books I've been reading have these killer convicting chapters on Pride!

I think Follow has become one of the required books for our church's missionary training school. If you'd like some more information about this amazing author, here's a link to Floyd's Blog.

I highly recommend Follow! You can purchase it for $14.99 HERE

Follow was provided by David C. Cook and The B & B Media Group for the purposes of review only.

No comments: