Saturday, September 25, 2010

Artsy Quiet Time

This is what happens when mom gets plenty of quiet time with God and has leisurely time to read her Bible and not rush. Ah, the blessings of not having any kids below preschool age! I thought it would be fun to paint a tree that had every part of the trunk and branches covered with verses.
I'm not sure that anyone else will be able to read all of them, but I sure had fun painting it.

I used different color fine tip Sharpies. I loved digging for cool verses for this, I used pretty random verses. Of course, the bottom root says the 1Tim 6:10 "The love of money is the root of all evil..."
Not sure what I will DO with it, (it's about 3x2 ft) but I enjoyed making it. Now I'm thinking wouldn't it be fun to do some themed ones ... a blessing tree, a healing tree. Don't know if I will find the time for all that...but we'll see.

No comments: