Friday, July 2, 2010

A Garden Pest Mystery

I have these large piles in the garden where apparently something has been burrowing. The piles are probably about 8 to 12 inches in diameter. There is also a pretty large hole this critter is making like 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide! What does that? My dad said salamanders, but we've never seen any around here and I wouldn't think there'd be enough water around for them. One thing we DO have plenty of is slugs and snails which are supposed to be a salamanders favorite food. Any ideas what this critter could be?
My garden is doing pretty well. Although, I had this huge thriving volunteer squash and it was at the edge of my driveway. I ran over it today. My husbands been speculatin' about how long it would be before I did.

1 comment:

Tressa said...

I keep finding pigeons burrowing in my garden. Making the same circle. Who knows! Whatever it is, it must find peace in your garden!