Monday, October 26, 2009

hhm
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Rainy and Muddy!

One of my simple pleasures:
Surprisingly enough - lately it's been cooking! Can you believe that? Somebody get my mom up off the floor.

On my bedside table:
1. The Curse of the Spiderking by Wayne Thomas Batson - I am reading it for an upcoming review. It's a kids book -I love kid's books - loving this one so far.
2. Byron's Hank the Cowdog books he is reading to the kids with excellent voices.

On my TV:
Hopefully nothing, I waste too much time that way. But, Byron will be flipping between Fox News and Football.

On the menu for tonight:
A really great Mac and Cheese Soup - it was SO good and the kids loved it.

On my To Do List: Bathrooms - Tuesday's tubs and toilets day!

New Recipe I tried last week:
I made bread without the breadmaker -used my kitchenaid mixer to knead it - the recipe was just a plain one from the mixer book, but it was SO easy and it made 2 pretty large loaves. We never seem to have enough bread around here lately. I think I will start making it once a week.

In the craft basket: A really great red shaw I am crocheting with really thick homespun yarn. It oughta be a gift, but I want it for me!

Looking forward to: Having a fire in the fireplace, snugglin' and reading to the kids, these are my favorite cooler weather pastimes. We cut 1/2 cord of wood at my parent's this weekend - we are ready.

Homemaking Tip for this week: Don't have an inside dog. They stink, they chew, and come in with muddy footprints!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): My favorite craft blogs are all Halloweeny. I hate that, haven't been reading them.

Favorite photo from last week: none. It burned up in the fire. See post from Saturday.

Lesson learned the past few days:
As Byron says, "It's all gonna burn up in the fire anyway." My camera burnt, but it could've been worst.

On my Prayer List:
Byron's mom's surgery on Wednesday
FBC Leland Students and loved ones
Fiji
Wes, Jessica and Shalom

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: "I am carrying on a great work and cannot go down." Nehemiah 6:3. See link to great message from Sunday.
http://antiochcc.ccbchurch.com/app/w_page.php?id=42&type=section&PHPSESSID=25a0380b2d75b2a2658fb889b18d85ac
Okay, it doesn't appear to be on there, yet - but it should be in a few days. The Holy Spirit series is on there and it was really incredible, too.

No comments: