Thursday, May 14, 2009

Track Meet


See how big Abby is getting? She is turning into SUCH a good dog, very calm (most of the time).

Okay, this is a terrible picture, but Ally is there lined up in the red shirt getting ready for the mile relay. Our homeschool group took part in a big track meet for private schools at Baylor University, it was very cool! It was for 4-8th grades. Ally did the 400 meter relay and the 1600 meter relay. They had not even practiced at all, and she didn't even know what a baton or a handoff was, but she did an EXCELLENT job. We are going to have to sign her up for more track events! She held on to a first place lead until the last 100 m, then a couple girls passed her at the end. I thought that was so good, not really learning to pace herself yet! The race was for 4-6th grades, and you can see, those girls are pretty big! Now, she has to go play softball tonight until 10:45! I hope I can keep up today! I hate that I didn't get any good pictures, but I was concentrating!


No comments: