Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Craftiness

I had a great 39th birthday this week.  I thought I was 38, but my mother pointed out that I am really 39.  I'm okay with that, I don't think 40 will bother me much either.  I decided for my birthday I wanted to go to work with my husband and go shopping all day.  It was a long day, but pretty fun.  He took me out to eat at a cool little deli, and we got to spend some time hanging out.  The kids have been under the weather a bit, so we've been relaxing and taking it easy.  We shot a projector on the wall for a movie with the students, and so the next day the kids enjoyed the set-up for some awesome movie time.  We watched a movie of Gracie's favorite book, King of the Wind.  Ally is re-reading the complete works of Louisa May Alcott, and she found a fun tv series on Netflix called Little Men, and she has been enjoying it.  Daniel is reading the 39 Clues books, actually, I've been reading them to him, they have so much history and foreign words, he's not doing too well on his own.  He is watching the tv series Young Indiana Jones on Netflix. 
I've been all caught up in some fun craftiness!  I have been itching for some bigger projects!  I have too many projects going on at the moment and I need to get crafting!  I'll explain this project pretty soon in a post of its own. 
I LOVED this awesome chore jar free printable I found on Pinterest.  The kids are excited to do their chores too!  I haven't been able to do a random system like this in the past because all three kids were not well-trained on all tasks, but finally at 14, 11, and 9 - they can pretty much catch on pretty quick to whatever I need them to do. 
Daniel and I made these fun bookmarks.  Okay, Pinterest again.  I may have a bit of an addiction. 

No comments: