Saturday, April 14, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

There's not much better than blue lake green beans picked fresh from the garden! They're very easy to grow too. This plant is going to have a ton soon.
Wild berry vines are all over our property. They aren't putting out quite as well as I would like, but I bet we'll be able to find enough for a cobbler or two. By the way, if you haven't tried Blue Bell blackberry cobbler ice cream - it's amazing!My tomato plants are looking good! Looking forward to some fresh salsa!
I don't have very good soil for growing cantelopes, they prefer finer, sandier soil, but so far, they are doing pretty well.
As always, I have overplanted peppers. They are cheap and easy to grow, and they don't take up much space. We're gonna have a lot of them. I generally just use them in salsa.
Berries will be ready for pickin' pretty soon! I still have 3 more rows to plant today, mainly lettuce and spinach, I'm going to plant a lot of it. Although we are now at the point that weeds are starting to creep in - that's when the real work begins! For a new spring time chore, each kid has to pull up 25 weeds a day. It doesn't take them long and putting a number limit on it - makes it more fun too.

No comments: