Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fire Pit

Well, I haven't been very good at blogging lately, but there's been plenty going on.

We started work on our super-cool fire pit. We love big marshmallow roasts and I look forward to some hobo stew suppers!


The kids worked hard filling the holes with dirt and helping dad.


Other than huge winds, it was a beautiful day for some hard work around the farm.


Of course, we always try to make time for some Sumo Wrestling with the cousins... :)


While the rest of the family worked on the fire pit, I baked 2 batches of chocolate chip banana bread, 2 batches of chocolate chip waffles, and a double batch of pumpkin muffins, an apple pie, and a big pot of stew and corn bread. I looked around and we didn't have any thing exciting for lunch, so I decided on hot dogs. Unfortunately, we didn't have any buns. So, I quickly made some yeast roll dough and shaped it into oblong little loafs. We cut a slit in each and slipped the hot dog in - you have never in your life seen people more excited about hot dogs than my crew! They loved it! They were voted best hot dogs ever!

No comments: