Sunday, January 2, 2011

and my phone was dead...

And my phone was dead. I know for a lot of people that sounds like the start of a horror movie. But, truth is I could of charged it and I chose not to. Shocking, I know. We ate in a restaurant not too long ago and I bet 3/4 of the people there were not speaking to each other, but playing on their phones. Don't you think it's terrible the way people are so tied to their phones?
We spent kind of an unplugged weekend in the woods at my parent's house. They travel alot - and although we LOVE their sweet presence, we also like to invade their house uninvited when they aren't home. It's such a peaceful place and we eat all their food and snuggle in their new snugglies and watch their old movies.
We had a great couple of lazy days. We napped. We played in the woods. We drank hot chocolate and ate popcorn, okay sidenote to my Mom - we pretty much ate everything -you might stop and get groceries before you come home. We played Apples to Apples. We shot guns, we played frisbee with the dog, we built a massive fort system beside the pond. We read, we watched movies. We rested.

It was a great way to start the New Year! I hope you have a blessed and happy 2011!

No comments: