Thursday, November 25, 2010

thanksgiving challenge

Our pastor really encouraged everyone to commit to becoming more thankful over the next six weeks in one very specific way:

Set your watch or cell phone to beep every hour. When you hear the beep, take time to:

1. A - Acknowledge God’s love and presence. John 15:9 "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love."

2. T - Thank God for whatever is happening in that moment. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

3. L – Listen to God. John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me"

This simple exercise of abiding in the Lord and being thankful will not only build you up day by day, but it will lay the groundwork for a lifestyle of thankfulness.

LOVE IT! Happy a very blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

Great challenge to remind us how to be thankful and remember God is always in control!