- They want everybody around for a while - no eat and go affair.
- They want GOOD food (not sandwiches), and in order to have that, well; they cook it.
- They want to be able to buy something for all the grandkids.
Other than that they don't really care what we do- so, I kind of took over. So, here's the plan. Each sibling/family (there are 3 of us) will provide a game for all of us to play. Something active and fun that we can all do.
- My sister will plan a scavenger hunt - with some GPS geocache-type elements.
- I will plan a big Amazing Race event with some challenges, stuff you have to eat really fast, a few gross things, places you have go, and matching team colors.
- My sister-in-law will be creating a family Trivial Pursuit challenge with questions from the Family's past. I'm pretty sure my brother won't be much help to her.
In addition to some marshmallow roasting and some cousin tent-sleeping (if the weather allows) - it should be an interesting, but fun holiday.