Monday, September 20, 2010

Baptism

Daniel asked Jesus into his heart last year, but we handled his baptism a bit differently than the girls. We really wanted him to come to us and ask to be baptized instead of just saying, now you have to be baptized. He has been asking for a while, but this was the first time we have been able to schedule it.
It was an awesome time. A video was shown of Daniel giving his testimony. I said a few words about how Daniel comes from a long line of mighty men of God, then I said a blessing over him. I said the blessing my dad and mom said over me every day when I was a kid. Then his daddy baptized him and prayed over him. Here's the blessing:

You are the head and not the tail, above and not beneath, blessed in the basket, blessed in the store, blessed coming in and blessed going out. You are a disciple taught of the Lord, and great shall be your peace and undisturbed composure. No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that rises up against you in judgement shall be condemned.

There shall be no evil to fall upon you, nor any plague come near your dwelling, for He shall give His angels charge over you to bear you up lest you stumble and fall.

You shall find favor with God and will men, and the Lord will bless everything you put your hands to do.

The Word of the Lord shall not return void, but it shall accomplish what God pleases and shall prosper in the thing He sent it to do.

I'm so blessed to have parents who spoke these words over me daily! I know that God has HUGE plans for Daniel! He is going to be a mighty warrior for God, he is already being used of God even as a kid.

1 comment:

ragamuffinbeauties said...

so precious, I love the blessing!