Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Great Picnic Wrap-Ups

Sorry! I don't know what is going on with my fuzzy pictures!This is the most awesome idea for a picnic! Around this time of year, 103 degree heat makes picnics not so fun around here, but my kids were so excited about these -they'll even make a boring inside lunch fun! I saw it in Martha Stewart's magazine, but I reminds me of how my mom used to pack us up a hobo lunch with a bandana and a stick and send us off to the backyard for adventures.
You divide the food up into the 2 sides of the bandana and roll it up. We had what we call a "goody lunch" with crackers, cheese, carrots, grapes, applesauce, and Cheez-its. Naturally, Martha Stewart did a bit fancier version with a sub sandwhich and bottled water. Hers probably rolled up a lot easier too.
Just roll it up and tie the ends together.

It makes natural little pockets on the sides for silverware or straws.
I shoved a Capri Sun into the middle. Doing that, it would've been more secure if I tied a ribbon around it so the drink wouldn't fall out. Wouldn't these be great for a kid party or sleepover with cute little name tags tied to the top? I think we are gonna make these a regular lunch item in the Ayers house!
Perfect for some treehouse eating! The bandana even works as a placemat.

No comments: