Friday, January 8, 2010

Brrry!

Temperatures are in the low teens 10 degrees tonight and last night. Seriously cold for Texans! You don't really mind the cold if there is some snow and ice to make it worthwhile - but this is just dry, no fun cold! We have a roaring fire going continually, and the fireplace seems to be the place to be - for schoolwork, for reading, and just for hanging out.
Just like a pioneer boy - it is Daniel's job to start and tend the fire all day long. That includes frequent trips to refill the woodbox. He is proud of such an important job and takes it very seriously! On a side note vacuuming has never been one of his chores, but recently I think I found a new niche he can take over. Who knew how perfect little boys are for operating a vacuum cleaner? Something about the power and noise and operating electronic machinery -it's a perfect match. Why didn't I think of that sooner?
There's just something snuggly and wonderful about a fire, a good book, and a sleepy dog, don't you think? Makes me feel so homey I wanna bake or crochet or something. We are having some wonderful stew for supper and I think we need some homemade bread to go with it.

No comments: