Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not Smartness

It has been fun getting to know many of these saavy mamabuzz bloggers who blog about coupons and frugal living. They often show photos of their amazing grocery conquests. They'll have these piles of food and explain how they got it all for $1.50! I left the grocery store Friday thinking, "How did I spend that much?" Then I had to go back only 2 days later! I would not get the frugal mama award this week for sure! I think I have a stocking stuffer addiction.


2nd on the not so smartness list, I planned to have a baking day the day after Ally's sleepover. There's no sleep at a sleepover, I know that. Especially for me. The day after a sleepover, you should just plan for sleep -no activities requiring thought or excessive movement.


So ANYWAY here is our list for a scaled down version of baking day:

  • Mexican Manicotti x2
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
  • Starter for quick stew
  • Peppermint Bark
  • Massive muffins for quick Christmas breakfasts - blueberry, cinnamon
  • 1 taco seasoned ground meat browned for quick use
  • Cookies - Chocolate Chip
  • Mini loafs of homemade bread and honey butter for gifting

I would make ahead waffles if only I had a waffle maker that would make 4 square waffles at once. Maybe one with removable plates. hint hint. How boring am I that I want a waffle maker for Christmas?


With no school going on, do you suppose I can get all that done + laundry and squeeze in a nap? That sounds awfully ambitious. We'll see!

No comments: