Sunday, November 8, 2009

This Weeks Menu Plans

I wish I could do some cool links to recipes, but I don't know how to do it without it taking up so much room in the post. I'll work on it. In the meantime, I am planning our meals for the next week - and really missing the ease of the past weeks after our make ahead day cooking event. I think we are going to have to do that at least once a month. Having so many meals and snacks prepared made my life so much more organized and easy! I AM planning a mini -cooking day on Wednesday. I have got to solve my bread-making troubles - flat, brick-like loaves! Tasty flat, little bricks - but not what I intended. I think I am on to a solution. I'll post about that Thursday and let you know how a change of recipe works out. One of my favorite sites, www.orgjunkie.com does this every week and it really helps to see the plans of others -about 300+ people link to her site each Monday to share their menu planning ideas. It's a great resource for menu-block. Do you ever get that?
Okay -breakfasts this week: chocolate chip waffles, muffins, eggs and biscuits, Daddy makes Sunday pancakes
Lunches this week: sandwiches, soup and grill cheese (kid's favorite-requested everyday), make your own pizzas, goodie plates, leftovers
Monday -Cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot while we are at co-op. I'll cook Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti with it when we get home, and put the rest away for other things throughout the weekend.
Tuesday - Italian Ziti -Italian theme potluck church lifegroup at our house, it'll be completely gone. I am going to make 2 batches and freeze one for next week.
Wednesday - Leftovers from Monday
mini baking day: Just 3 items on the list -I have to try those pumpkin chocolate chip muffins http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2009/06/baking-day-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html
And I hate to overdo the chocolate chips - but I also found an interesting banana chocolate chip muffin recipe. I'll freeze most of this muffins. I've discovered my kids actually prefer frozen and thawed cupcakes and muffins. And finally Wednesday, I WILL solve this bread baking problem. Here's the recipe I hope will solve my problem:
http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/deliciouswwbread.htm
This site has some great bread-making advice and trouble-shooting, too.
Thursday - Chicken Enchiladas
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday- Cook up 4lbs of Ground Meat to use in next week's recipes + make a big pot of stew
Sunday -Stew I love soup and stew weather! I love it because I love it, but I also love that I can make a huge pot of it -then I don't have to cook for 2-3 days.
Well, that's the plans. We'll see what the reality will be...

No comments: