Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Around the Farm


It certainly doesn't feel like much of a farm around her with the first year and a good while for us to NOT have a garden.  There's just been too much going on around her to get to planting.  I'll have a late garden, but I'm not holding my breath.  We've been too busy clearing land and working with animals. 
I creepy sight seeing both horses snoozing in the yard!

Abby snuggles with Gracie as she drives the mule to the mailbox. 


Clearing = piles of trees.  Piles of trees = lots of fires.  Lots of fires = lots of roasted marshmallows.  Roasted marshmallows = gooey marshmallow in hair.  Almost always.
Gracie and Lucy are beginning to really connect!  They are having a great time riding many times each week.  Gracie (and Lucy) is enjoying the speed!

You never get too old for a big, family wrestling match.

We uncovered a large bee swarm as we were clearing.  I googled area beekeepers and a very eager beekeeper was excited to come and take it away.

You see what I live with?

No comments: